At events in London, New Delhi and, on 3 December 2014, in Washington, DC, SaME members helped to launch The Lancet‘s special series on violence against women and girls.
The Global Women’s Institute (GWI) hosted the event at George Washington University in collaboration with the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, the World Health Organization and the Milken Institute School of Public Health. The event was led by GWI Director Mary Ellsberg and the panel included:
- Lori Heise, LSHTM
- Lori Michau, Raising Voices
- Lynn Goldman, James Tielsch and Rajiv Rimal, Milken Institute School of Public Health
- Diana Arango and Manual Contreras-Urbina, GWI
- Amy Bank, Puntos de Encuentro
- Alessandra Guedes, Pan American Health Organisation/WHO
You can read the GW online news story here.