Join us for a free webinar on Thursday 13 April at 2pm BST. Hosted by the Learning Initiative on Norms, Exploitation and Abuse (LINEA), this webinar will be presented by Mady Cisse, Monitoring, Evaluation Research and Learning (MERL) Department Director, and Elizabeth Larson, MERL Officer at Tostan
For the past 25 years, Tostan has empowered African communities to bring about sustainable development and positive social transformation based on respect for human rights. During the Generational Change in Three Years (GC3Y) project, Tostan’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Department (MERL) put an emphasis on measuring change in social norms contributing to the harmful practice of female genital cutting.
This webinar will focus on the methodology used and will discuss the results obtained to date.
Mady Cisse is a Senior M&E Officer in Tostan’s MERL department, which he joined in 2014 as a consultant. He was appointed to staff in 2015. Mady has over 15 years of experience in implementing M&E systems, mostly in the public health sector. The organizations that benefited from his expertise include Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM), ChildFund Senegal, The World Bank Group, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), and the Population Council.
Elizabeth Larson is a MERL Officer at Tostan, where she has worked since October 2015. Previously, she worked as a gender analysis consultant for WAHO and IDRC, and francophone training support to PMA2020. Elizabeth earned her MSPH in International Health Systems from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in 2015. Prior to completing her graduate studies she provided M&E support to Marie Stopes International Senegal and the NGO CREATE!
- What are Social Norms? How are They Measured?
- The Transformative Power of Democracy and Human Rights in Nonformal Education: The Case of Tostan
- Social Dynamics of Abandonment of Harmful Practices : A New Look at the Theory
9:00am Washington DC
6:30pm New Delhi/Bangalore
To join the webinar, you must call in AND join online to hear audio and view the slides.
- Register online now. You will then receive an email giving you the access code and toll-free numbers to dial.
- Log in to Ready Talk as a participant online, shortly before the presentation begins, so you can see the slides. Use access code 9272774.
- Dial in to Ready Talk on your telephone, shortly before the presentation begins, so you can hear the presenter speaking. Use access code 9272774.
If your country does not have a toll-free number, you can dial in for free through Skype using the US number 866-740-1260.
Please send enquiries to Michael [dot] Naranjo [at] LSHTM [dot] ac [dot] uk by Monday 10th April 2017.
The Learning Initiative on Norms, Exploitation and Abuse (LINEA) is led from the Gender Violence and Health Centre (GVHC) at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM). To join the network, register here. To watch LINEA webinars, visit the LINEA Channel.
Image credit: Tostan